Friday, January 29, 2010

Deviation from Love - Barack Obama Speech

Originally posted: FRIDAY, JANUARY 25, 2008


I've decided to deviate from my usual Blog this week as I came across an interesting speech made by Barack Obama at Martin Luther Kings' Church on January 20th 2008. I have included a link to this speech as he articulates rather well many of the points that I will be discussing within this Blog. The issues Obama discusses and how to deal with them accurately reflect Gods heart and His true nature.

I don't impress easily, but when I was first introduced to Mr Obama on The Oprah Winfrey Show some time last year (2007), I noticed that there was something different about him. Whatever he said, he appeared to say with true conviction and spoke with intention. He has written a book entitled The Audacity of Hope (hope to bring about change and not just wishful thinking).

He is currently battling Hilary Clinton for the Democratic Vote for the up-coming Presidential election in November of this year (2008) in the US. I believe that God is stirring something in the political arena's of the world, to truly place the Government upon His shoulders.

The linked video goes for approximately 34 mins, but if you are interested the video will give you an insight into Obama's heart and perhaps prompt you to pray over the election for Gods will to be done. Not necessarily that Obama will win, as this may not be Gods will, but that the issues discussed during this speech are continued to be, not only discussed, but policies put in place that will bring about change, permanent change and that Gods' will be done ("on earth as it is in Heaven").

I will continue with "What is Love?" shortly but hope that Obama's speech stirs something in you.


PS: Obama is now the President and my opinion of him has changed (proof in the pudding etc.) however regardless of this the issues discussed are still relevant [30/01/2010].

No comments: